I realize this is not the most beautiful picture of chicken. However, what the picture won’t do for ya, the recipe will. It’s got two ingredients and frozen chicken is one of them. It’s my go-to-meal when at 1pm, I remember that we have to eat dinner later in the day. Seriously yummy and seriously easy. It goes great on tacos or nachos – or Mexican pizza!
I debated even posting this as a “recipe” since it’s only two ingredients and a crockpot. However, my hubby convinced me that it’s just THAT GOOD and THAT EASY that everyone should be made aware of it’s goodness.
from Lynette’s Kitchen @ Cleverly Simple
1 lb Frozen Chicken (I use Gerber’s Amish Farm Brand from Buehler’s.)
1/2 Jar of Salsa
1. Take the chicken out of the freezer and add to crockpot.
2. Pour 1/2 jar of salsa over chicken in crockpot.
3. Turn crockpot on low for 4 hours or until chicken is cooked.
4. Shred Chicken.
**I typically will “stir” the chicken and move it around at the 1 hour mark.
**About 30 minutes before dinner, I’ll shred the chicken in the crockpot and let it continue to soak in the salsa.
**It easiest to remove the frozen chicken from the packaging if you let it sit in the refrigerator for a few hours.
**As you can probably pick up, this recipe is incredibly adaptable.
- Pinned & Tried It : Strong Iced Coffee w/ No Brewing Required
- Pinned it & Tried It : Brownie Smores Recipe
- Grilled Avocado with Salsa
- Tortilla Pizza Recipe
- No Egg & No Milk Banana Bread Recipe
- Bread Machine Yeast Rolls Recipe in Color
- Fast Five Meals : Taco Dip Recipe (WINNER)
- Pesto Chicken Pasta Recipe
- Recipe : Crockpot Red Beans and Sausage
- Super Bowl Dips : More Ideas!