Author: Lynette Rice
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 1 hour 5 mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 26 oz spaghetti sauce
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 8 oz ricotta
- ½ cup butter
- 16 oz penne pasta
- 8 oz sharp cheddar shredded cheese
- Cook the ground beef.
- Boil the penne pasta and drain once fully cooked.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cream cheese, sour cream and cottage cheese. It much easier to mix them together if you let the cream cheese soften first.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Add half of the pasta to the containers you're using.
- Top the pasta with the cream cheese mixture.
- Top the cream mixture with the rest of the noodles.
- Cut the butter into slices and top the noodles.
- Top the butter with the ground beef.
- Top the ground beef with the spaghetti sauce. Straight out of the can, man.
- Add cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees Faranheit for 45 minutes.
- If you're freezer cooking, you can top it with foil and add it to the freezer. Once thawed in the future, you can bake it for the same time. Personally, I think when you freezer cook with pasta, it sometimes soaks up the sauce. I like to add some sauce to the casserole before cooking it.
- Let me know what you think!
Recipe by Cleverly Simple® at http://www.cleverlysimple.com/million-dollar-casserole-ground-beef/