Author: Lynette Rice
Prep time: 40 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 55 mins
- 14 10 inch burritos
- 1 16 oz jar of salsa (the spicier the salsa, the spicier your burrito)
- 1 bag shredded hashbrowns
- 1 pound sausage
- 9 jumbo eggs
- 2 TB milk
- Heat a skillet and brown the sausage. Set aside once fully cooked.
- Whip 9 eggs with 2 TB of milk. Scramble eggs in hot skillet until fully cooked. Set aside.
- Follow the package directions and cook the hashbrowns.
- In a large bowl, mix the sausage, eggs, hashbrowns and salsa.
- Add a heaping ½ cup of mixture to a burrito and roll it in to shape.
- Freeze for two hours.
- Once frozen, remove from freezer and wrap in saran wrap. Store in ziploc bags. Remove from plastic wrap before microwaving to re-heat. (I wrap mine in paper towel to keep it moist in the microwave.
Recipe by Cleverly Simple® at http://www.cleverlysimple.com/breakfast-burrito-recipe-freezer-cooking/