Author: Lynette Rice
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 27 mins
- 2 Cups brown sugar
- ½ Cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 3 Cups flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cream of tarter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Mix flour, baking soda and cream of tarter together. Set aside.
- Cream sugar and shortening in the mixer.
- Add eggs. Mix well.
- Add vanilla.
- Mix in the dry ingredients.
- Divide the dough by half and roll into log that is 2 inches thick.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Slice log into 1 inch slices.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes at 350 degrees fahrenheit.
Recipe by Cleverly Simple® at http://www.cleverlysimple.com/homemade-butterscotch-cookie-recipe/