Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast or tenders, cut into 1 ½ inch pieces.
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs, preferably whole wheat for brown color
- Cooking spray, preferably olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut up your chicken into 1 ½ inch pieces.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together ¼ cup flour, 1 tsp. onion powder, ½ tsp. garlic powder, ¼ tsp. sea salt, and ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Set yourself up an assembly line. Bowl one has the flour/spice mixture, bowl two has ¼ cup milk and bowl three has ½ cup panko bread crumbs.
- Toss the chicken in the flour/spice mixture, followed by the milk and lastly, rolling them into the bread crumbs. Lay them evenly on the papered baking sheet.
- Spray the nuggets with a thin coating of cooking spray, preferably olive oil
- Bake in your preheated oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce!
Recipe by Cleverly Simple® : Recipes & DIY From Our Farmhouse at http://www.cleverlysimple.com/homemade-chicken-nuggets-recipe/