Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- Chicken breasts (equal to 1 pound)
- 1 tsp. dried ginger
- 2 red, yellow or orange bell peppers
- 1 bunch green onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 mango
- 2 T. sweet chili sauce
- ½ T soy sauce
- ½ can coconut milk
- If you have time, tenderize the chicken by slicing the breasts sideways.
- Lay the severed breasts on a paper towel covered cutting board and place a piece of plastic wrap on top. Give them about 15 good whacks with a heavy object.
- Sprinkle one side of each tenderized chicken piece with some dried ginger (about 1 tsp. total), pepper and a little salt.
- Heat up some oil in a wok pan or large, deep skillet. When the oil is hot, add the chicken.
- Cook the chicken on medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Then flip over for an additional 2 minutes.
- Next, place a lid on them, turn off the heat, and let them rest 5 minutes. Then set them aside.
- Slice up your 2 bell peppers, chop up your bunch green onions (minus the hairy top!) and mince the 4 garlic cloves.
- Using your chicken juices at the bottom of the pan, turn your heat back up to medium. Cook up the peppers, onions and garlic for another 5 minutes until glistening and tender.
- Cut up your mango fruit into slices and divide them in half - puree one half using a blender, food processor (or by hand) and chop up the other half.
- With the heat on medium, add your mango puree, chopped mango slices, cut up chicken, 2 Tablespoons red chili sauce, ½ Tablespoon soy sauce and half the can of coconut milk to your peppers and onions.
- Give it all a stir and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- If necessary, add more spice or salt depending on taste.
- Can garnish with some fresh cilantro and serve immediately over rice or noodles or set aside and re-heat later for dinner time.
Recipe by Cleverly Simple® at http://www.cleverlysimple.com/simple-chicken-stir-fry-recipe/