|Quick Simple Chocolate Cake |
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 40 mins
- 4 oz. Bakers semi-sweet chocolate bar, divided
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup chocolate milk
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 9x9 pan or small bundt or tube pan.
- Shave half of a 4 oz. Bakers semi-sweet chocolate bar and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1½ cups all-purpose flour, ½ cup sugar, ¼ cup cocoa powder, 1 tsp. baking soda and ½ tsp. salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together 1 cup chocolate milk, ½ cup unsweetened applesauce, 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract and 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Whisk together.
- Whisk in the shaved chocolate.
- Spread batter into pan and bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes, remove from pan and frost or glaze with remaining chocolate bar, if desired
Recipe by Cleverly Simple® at http://www.cleverlysimple.com/quick-simple-chocolate-cake/