Author: Lynette Rice
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 4 hours
Total time: 4 hours 10 mins
- 1 celery stick, diced
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 2 TB olive oil
- 3 garlic gloves, minced
- 1 can (15 oz) of diced tomatoes
- 2 cans (15 oz each) of great northern beans
- 1½ tsp italian seasoning
- 6 Cups of chicken broth
- 1 Cup rice, uncooked
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat olive oil in skillet on stove set to medium-high.
- When the oil is hot, saute the onions and celery for about 6 minutes or until the onions are just beginning to turn translucent.
- Add the garlic to the skillet and saute for an additional minute.
- Add the onion mixture to the crockpot.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir.
- Cook on high in the crockpot for 3 - 4 hours or until the rice is fully cooked.
Recipe by Cleverly Simple® : Recipes & DIY From Our Farmhouse at http://www.cleverlysimple.com/crockpot-beans-and-rice/