|Simple Blueberry Muffin Recipe |
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1½ cup milk
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 heaping tsp. orange zest
- 1½ cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk together 2 cups all-purpose flour, ½ cup whole wheat flour, ½ cup rolled oats, 1 cup sugar, 1 tsp. baking soda, 1 tsp. baking powder, ½ tsp. cinnamon and ½ tsp. salt.
- In a smaller bowl, combine 1 ½ cups milk, ½ cup unsweetened applesauce, 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar and 1 heaping tsp. of fresh orange zest.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir well.
- Fold in 1 ½ cup of fresh blueberries that have been rinsed and dried.
- Let batter sit for 5 minutes while you grease your muffin tins. Fill each cup ¾ full.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until light golden and inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Immediately remove muffins to a cooling rack.
- Store them in an air tight container for up to a week or freeze for longer storage.
Recipe by Cleverly Simple® at http://www.cleverlysimple.com/simple-blueberry-muffin-recipe/