|Easy Crockpot Potato Soup |
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 8 hours
Total time: 8 hours 20 mins
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 lb. yellow potatoes, rinsed and cubed
- 2 large carrots, skinned and chopped
- ⅔ cup chopped green onions
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 T. fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1½ cups whole milk or milk alternative
- Cube 2 lb. of rinsed yellow potatoes with skin on
- Sprinkle 1 tsp. of olive oil at the bottom of your slow cooker and pour potatoes on top.
- Chop two large skinned carrots (equal to 1 heaping cup), ⅔ cup of green onion, ½ cup of red pepper and mince 2 garlic cloves and 1 T. fresh rosemary. Add to the potatoes.
- Add 1 tsp. salt and ½ tsp. black pepper.
- Pour 4 cups of vegetable broth over everything and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Add 1½ cups of whole milk and cook on low until nice and hot, but not boiling - 30 more minutes. (Can sub some heavy whipping cream for extra richness!)
- Serve with shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Recipe by Cleverly Simple® : Recipes & DIY From Our Farmhouse at http://www.cleverlysimple.com/easy-crockpot-potato-soup/