Author: Lynette Rice
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 60 mins
Total time: 1 hour 15 mins
- 3 eggs
- 2 Cups sugar
- 1 Cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Cups flour
- 1 Cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 TB cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 Cups crashed fresh strawberries (a little over one pound)
- ½ Cups nuts (Optional, as I didn't use them.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease two bread loaf pans.
- Mix together in a bowl, flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- Crush the strawberries to make two cups of berries. (I used the mixer.)
- In an empty mixing bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together.
- Add the oil and vanilla and beat again.
- Mix in the dry ingredients.
- Add the strawberries and the nuts. Mix well.
- Pour into two 9x5x3 inch loaf pans.
- Bake for one hour at 350 degrees fahrenheit. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans.
Recipe by Cleverly Simple® : Recipes & DIY From Our Farmhouse at http://www.cleverlysimple.com/strawberry-bread-recipe/