|Simple Homemade Pancake Recipe |
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 10 mins
- 1¼ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ heaping teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⅛ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- In a large bowl, stir together 1¼ cups whole wheat flour, ¼ cup rolled oats, 2 tsp. baking powder, ¼ heaping tsp. of salt and ¼ tsp. of cinnamon.
- In a liquid measuring cup, whisk together 1⅛ cups of milk, 1 egg, 2 T. of brown sugar and 2 T. of unsweetened applesauce.
- Add your liquid to the mixture of dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Allow the batter to sit for 5 minutes while you heat up your griddle using medium-high heat.
- Using a ¼ measuring cup, pour the batter on your hot griddle. When you see bubbles formed over most of the batter, flip the pancake over and turn the heat down to low for an additional one minute. Remove the pancake, turn your heat back up and repeat.
Recipe by Cleverly Simple® at http://www.cleverlysimple.com/simple-homemade-pancake-recipe/