Author: Lynette Rice
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 1 hour 10 mins
- 2 TB olive oil
- ½ lb ground beef
- ½ lb italian sausage
- ½ medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 25 oz jar of Mezzetta Pasta Sauce
- 6 oz package of fresh spinach
- 16 oz ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 TB fresh basil, chopped
- ⅔ of 12 oz jumbo pasta shells
- Cook the jumbo pasta shells to al dente.
- In a large skillet on medium/high heat, saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil.
- Add the ground beef and italian sausage and cook thoroughly. Drain.
- Add ½ cup of Mezzetta Sauce, salt, pepper and spinach and stir until wilted. Take off the heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, eggs, basil and 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Add meat mixture to the cheese mixture and stir together.
- Add ½ cup of pasta sauce to a 9x13 pan. Fill jumbo shells with cheese & meat mixture.
- Top with the rest of the pasta sauce and then 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes and enjoy!
Recipe by Cleverly Simple® : Recipes & DIY From Our Farmhouse at http://www.cleverlysimple.com/homemade-lasagna-recipe-with-stuffed-shells/