Author: Lynette Rice
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 50 mins
- 2 Cups Apple, sliced thin
- 1 Cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 Cup flour
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 Cup milk
- ½ Cup butter
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt the butter in the oven as it preheats.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, 2 tsp. baking powder, ¼ tsp. salt and ¼ tsp. cinnamon.
- Pour in 1 cup milk and ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract. Stir the batter until well combined.
- Pour your batter directly into the middle of the melted butter. DO NOT MIX.
- Pile the apples into the middle of the dish.
- Bake the pudding at 375 degrees for about 35 minutes or until you have a nice golden crispy crust.
Recipe by Cleverly Simple® at http://www.cleverlysimple.com/virginia-apple-pudding-recipe/