My parents went to Amish country a few days ago and brought home fresh baked bread. It inspired me to find a bread recipe that we could enjoy here at home, everyday. It’s easy to do that when you have a bread machine. I wanted a recipe that used only the most basic ingredients, was light and fluffy inside but still had strength to hold a sandwich together.
I used the bread machine on the dough cycle and then baked the bread in my oven after kneading it by hand. You can skip that step, I just wanted to feel a bit Amish. I found a number of recipes online and read lots of comments below each to come up with my own recipe. The next time I make this I’m going to add the cinnamon, sugar swirl to it. If you’ve ever had Cinnamon Amish bread, you know what I’m talking about. YUM!
from Lynette’s Kitchen @ Cleverly Simple
2 Cups warm water (110 degrees F)
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1/3 Cup white sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
6 Cups Bread Flour
1 1/2 TB dry active yeast (I use Saf-Instant)
1. In bread machine combine ingredients according to manufacturer. Select dough cyle.
2. After cycle is complete. Punch down the dough and knead on floured surface.
3. Divide dough into two and place in two greased bread pans.
4. Let rise in warm area for 30-45 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 350 F.
6. Bake for 30 minutes.
7. Let stand in bread pan for 10 minutes to cool.
8. Place on wire racks to continue cooling.
* To let the dough rise, I turn my oven on for 1 minute and then turn it off. (Set a timer!) I then lay a layer of plastic wrap with spray butter on the top of each bread pan and let it rise in the warm oven.
* Use a good, sharp knife to cut the bread and let the knife do the work. It’s easy to squish your hard work!
* This recipe can also be completed by hand, just proof your yeast before continuing with the recipe.
- Four Ingredient Frozen Lemon Cream Dessert
- Pretzel M&M’s Cookies Recipe
- Easy Freezer Cooking Recipe : Chicken Tetrazzini
- Easter Muddy Buddies Recipe
- How to Make Chocolate Covered Pretzels Fancy
- Baked Pumpkin Donut Recipe With Caramel Glaze
- Gooey Butter Cake Recipe
- Easiest Way To Make Shredded Chicken (EVER!)
- Flower Cupcake Design (Easy Easter Cupcake Decorations)
- Healthy Oatmeal Cookie Recipe (Made with Flax Seed Instead of Eggs!)