This past week I made Banana bread three times trying to perfect the recipe. I took the best of the first two recipes, to make this yummy banana bread. It’s dense, but not too dense. It’s got a good banana flavor with just enough sweetness that doesn’t over-power the main ingredient. Banana bread is my toddler’s favorite, so I’m hoping to make this quite often!
from Lynette’s Kitchen @ Cleverly Simple
1 3/4 CUPS unbleached all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
5 medium very ripe (frozen and then thawed) bananas
6 TB unsalted butter (melted)
2 large eggs
3/4 CUP packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Spray bread pan with non-stick cooking spray and preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Mix unbleached flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. Mash thawed and pealed bananas with potato masher. Set aside.
4. Wisk together melted butter, eggs, brown sugar and vanilla.
5. Stir mashed bananas into liquid mixture.
6. Slowly add dry ingredient mixture. Stir until incorporated.
7. Pour into bread pan and sprinkle with brown sugar.
9. Bake at 350 F for 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
9. Let rest in pan for 10 minutes and then let cool on wired rack.
* I used bananas that I had frozen in this recipe. I set them in the refrigerator the night before to thaw.
* The bananas I used for this recipe were of medium size.
- Pinned & Tried It : Strong Iced Coffee w/ No Brewing Required
- Pinned it & Tried It : Brownie Smores Recipe
- Grilled Avocado with Salsa
- Tortilla Pizza Recipe
- No Egg & No Milk Banana Bread Recipe
- Bread Machine Yeast Rolls Recipe in Color
- Fast Five Meals : Taco Dip Recipe (WINNER)
- Pesto Chicken Pasta Recipe
- Recipe : Crockpot Red Beans and Sausage
- Super Bowl Dips : More Ideas!