Last night I did my grocery shopping for the week at Buehler’s. There was one major item that I was very excited about stocking up on. The Dei Fratelli Tomato juice is the best for chili and and vegetable soup and it was on sale for only $1! This is the lowest price I’ve seen it all year, so I was all over getting a few cans to last us through the winter.
I was also very excited to stock up on Sierra Mist, especially the Cranberry. It’s one of my favorites! We’ll be storing these until Thanksgiving and Christmas when we have guests over for the holidays.
This week is a picture of why stockpiling works. Obviously I can’t make well rounded meals with just tuna, sierra mist and tomato juice. (Ew!) However, with the vegetables and meat stored in my freezer, we’ll have plenty of options to make our dinner yummy and nutritious!
I spent : $43.64
I SAVED : $44.55
That’s a savings of 50%
*Listed below are the specific coupons I used. There are more to find!! The complete list of items on sale this week at Buehler’s, can be found here.
Ohio Grown Apples (3 lb) – $2.99
Bananas – $2.68
Betty Crocker Cookie Mix – $2.59
Imperial Margarine – $0.89
(2) Amish Dozen Eggs – $2.19
Our Family Powdered Sugar – $1.67
Smith’s Whipping Cream – $1.89
Wiln Cupcake Cups – $2.49
If you’re wondering how in the world we’re going to eat this week with only this much food please keep in the mind the following:
- We have a cow in our freezer.
- We buy chicken when it’s super cheap and freeze it.
- We have a number of canned veggies from our garden.
- I typically stop later in the week for more produce.
- I buy most of our toiletries items at the drugstores.
- I make my own bread (sometimes.) and buy my baking items from an Amish Bulk Food store.
- I don’t buy snacks. I sometimes buy donuts.
- We don’t pay sales tax on most food purchases in Ohio. Woot!
This post contains my referral link. Read my disclosure policy here.