I’m still on the pumpkin bandwagon. I tried these pumpkin cookies when a friend brought them to an event and I was in LOVE. I love pumpkin but I’m the kind who likes a light pumpkin taste without too much allspice. These were perfect. I thought they were good without the glaze but I made my sugar cookie icing and it was delicious with that as well.
These are a cake-y cookie. They are light. And by light I don’t mean fat free. 🙂
from Lynette’s Kitchen @ Cleverly Simple
2 Cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp allspice
1 Cup Butter, softened (or margarine)
1 Cup granulated sugar
1 Cup canned pumpkin (not pie filling)
Optional: 1 Cup chopped, toasted pecans
1. In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, soda, & spices. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Beat in the sugar. Add the egg and beat well.
3. Stir pumpkin and flour mixture into egg mixture. (Stir in the chopped pecans if needed.)
4. Drop dough by rounded 1.5 tablespoons about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake cookies at preheated 375 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool cookies on wire rack.
I frosted the cookies with my sugar cookie icing glaze. It was easy and delicious!