Cranberry sauce was not a part of our Thanksgiving growing up. In fact, I don’t think I’ve ever bought fresh cranberries. Sure, I’ve thought about stringing them by a fire at Christmas, but slow cooking them in a crockpot? This past Sunday our church had our annual Thanksgiving meal together. I received the email with my instructions to make “cranberry sauce”. Do you just buy the can of the stuff?
I decided to do a little digging decided to make a fantastic Cranberry Sauce Slow Cooker Recipe. It was so easy to make and it looks just beautiful. What I loved about this recipe is that I could make it with my pre-school kiddo. He helped me prepare it and then we turned on the crockpot. And the smell. Who needs Yankee when you can make homemade cranberry sauce?!
Here’s my FAVORITE crockpot I use all the time in my home! Purchase it HERE.
Best Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup White Sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ Cup Orange Juice
- ½ Cup Water
- Fresh Cranberries (12 oz)
- Combine all ingredients except the cranberries in the crockpot. Stir well.
- Add cranberries and evenly coat.
- Turn on the crockpot to high for 3 hours, stirring the cranberries every hour.
- After three hours on high, mash the cranberries. Continue to heat on high with the lid off, for 45 minutes.
- Let cool and transfer to serving dish.
- Make this the day before Thanksgiving. The house will smell amazing and you'll have something finished!
Do you think your family will enjoy this best Cranberry Sauce recipe?
Here’s more slow cooker ideas for your holiday feast!