Last weekend we continued our yard makeover. (You can read about part 1 here.) The back third of our yard was not mowed the entire year our home was for sale as a foreclosure.
And then we moved in and it was too far gone to do anything…
and then the spring came and we kinda ignored it.
Our neighbors were losing Lacrosse balls back there. It was time.
What’s in there dad?
This is what happens when you don’t mow your yard, people.
We knew our normal mower wouldn’t be able to tackle the jungle so we rented a brush cutter. We called around and ended up renting one from a local company called Sunbelt Rentals. It was $40 for 4 hours, well under what a landscaper or lawn service would charge.
(And by the way, if you live in Central Ohio we highly recommend Sunbelt Rentals. They were awesome to work with!)
There he goes, wearing a fishing shirt to help stay cool – I bet he’d rather be fishing.
As you can see, by the view from our green house window, we’ve made great progress. The fence is down and now the backyard is completely mowed!
- 5 Simple Steps to Desktop Organization
- Kroger MarketPlace : Additional 20% OFF Home Goods (Including CloseOuts)
- Staining The Deck – Here We Go! (Yard Makeover Part 3)
- Uncovering Our Deck (Yard Makeover Part 3)
- This is What Happens When You Don't Mow Your Lawn… (Yard Makeover Part 2)
- The Dumpster Project (Yard Makeover Part 1)
- The Half Bath Final Cost ($100 A Room Makeover Challenge)
- $100 Room Makeover Challenge (The Half Bath, Part 1)