I think I’ve tried quite a few banana bread recipes this year. Surprise! Here’s another one. My toddler-man. Oh wait – he’s a preschooler now. Does that still make him a toddler or are we past that stage?
Anyways. He loves him some “nana” bread. I love to bake. The combination is delightful. So this week we worked together to make this “nana” bread.
When I bake with my guy, we make our batter on the floor. I know. It’s the floor. We walk on it. But the countertop is too tall for him even with the stool. He can’t see into the bowl and so we add all our ingredients together on the floor. He mixes while I add. He helps me measure. We add too much flour. Flour gets all over the floor.
It seems to always turn out okay.
And with this recipe, my kiddo turned to me and said, “Mommy. This is the best “nana” bread ever.”.
I agree kiddo.
I found this recipe because it doesn’t require a mixer. Some of you commented after I posted about it on Facebook that you’ve never used a mixer. Good to know. Send me the recipe. I’d love to try another Banana Bread Recipe!
Here’s the recipe I used adapted from the banana bread recipe from SimplyRecipes.com.
from Lynette’s Kitchen @ Cleverly Simple
- 3 ripe mashed bananas
- 1/3 Cup butter (melted)
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 Cups of all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix ingredients together in order listed.
- Add to buttered bread loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hr.
After baking for 40 minutes, put a sheet of foil on top to keep the top of the bread from burning.
I add a pinch of brown sugar to the top of the mixture before baking. I like the crusty sugar on top. :)
- Pinned it & Tried It : Brownie Smores Recipe
- Grilled Avocado with Salsa
- Tortilla Pizza Recipe
- No Egg & No Milk Banana Bread Recipe
- Bread Machine Yeast Rolls Recipe in Color
- Fast Five Meals : Taco Dip Recipe (WINNER)
- Pesto Chicken Pasta Recipe
- Recipe : Crockpot Red Beans and Sausage
- Super Bowl Dips : More Ideas!
- Super Bowl Dip #5 : Broccoli Cheese Dip