Delicious almond jelly cookies made with raw almonds.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, plus 2 T.
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup favorite jelly
- Create ground almonds by placing whole, raw almonds into a blender or food processor until they resemble bread crumbs.
- In a mixer, beat the butter, salt, extract, sugar and egg yolk until smooth.
- Add flour and ground almonds and knead into a firm dough.
- Divide the dough into two rolls and refrigerate the dough for one hour.
- Preheat your oven to 320 degrees.
- Slice the rolls 1/2 inch thick and press a thumbprint into each one.
- Put 1/2 tsp. jelly into each thumbprint.
- Bake the cookies on greased baking sheets for 12 minutes or until golden on edges.
- Dust the cookies with the extra 2 T. of granulated sugar while warm.
- Category: Dessert