If you love apple pie but want to make something that takes less time (and no crust) then this cake is for you. Apple pie filling cake combines delicious soft apples in their sugary filling with a moist cake base and is topped with a powdered sugar glaze.
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (21 oz) can apple pie filling
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons milk
- Prep: Preheat oven to 350˚ F. Grease and flour a 13×9 baking dish.
- Mix: Using a mixer, beat together the cake mix, cinnamon, sour cream, eggs and water until well combined. Pour into the greased and flour 13×9 baking dish.
- Pie Filling: Spoon on pie filling on spoonful at a time evenly distributing over the entire cake batter.
- Bake: Bake for 35 minutes at 350˚ F or until toothpick inserted int he middle comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Glaze: Mix powdered sugar and milk. Drizzle over cake. Cool completely.
Glaze too thick/thin? If you find your glaze is too thick, add just a little bit more milk. (A little bit goes a long way! Add 1 teaspoon at a time.) If you find your glaze is too runny, add more powdered sugar until your desired consistency.
Adaptations: Add toasted walnuts to the top after adding the glaze. If you really want to mix it up, use cherry pie filling, instead of apple pie filling for this recipe. Top with toasted almonds.
- Serving Size: 1 slice of cake
- Calories: 101
- Sugar: 11.2
- Sodium: 41.2
- Fat: 2.8
- Carbohydrates: 17.6
- Protein: 2.1
- Cholesterol: 35.5
Keywords: apple pie filling cake