Easy homemade apple strudel made with a homemade dough and apple filling.
- 1 Cup butter, cold
- 2 Cups all purpose flour
- 1 Cup sour cream
- 2 Cups dry bread crumbs, plain
- 1/4 Cup butter, melted
- 4 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 Cup pecans, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350˚F.
- In a bowl, cut flour into butter until crumbles are formed. Add the sour cream and salt. Mix well. Shape into a ball and cover. Refrigerate overnight.
- To make the filling, combine the bread crumbs and melted butter. Add the remaining ingredients. Set aside.
- Divide the chilled dough into thirds. Roll each onto a floured surface into a 15 inch by 12 inch rectangle. Spoon the filling onto the dough and spread within 1 inch of the edges. Roll from the long size. Pinch seams and ends to seal.
- Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350˚F for 55 to 50 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool on a wire rack.
If you desire, you can add 1 cup of golden raisins to the homemade apple filling before rolling into the dough.
Dust with confectioner’s sugar if wanted.
Keywords: apple strudel