You are going to love this fresh bacon salad made with big bites of cauliflower and two types of lettuce, topped with a homemade celery seed dressing. This salad feeds a crowd and is perfect for a potluck or family gathering.
- 1 pound of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 head of bibb lettuce, chopped
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 1 box of mushrooms, chopped
- 1.5 bunches of green onion bunches
Celery Seed Dressing
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 TB dry onion flakes
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white distilled vinegar
- Hard boil the eggs and fry up the bacon. Let cool.
- Chop ingredients. Mix all together in one large bowl.
- Combine salad dressing ingredients and set aside. Keep refrigerated.
- About 15 minutes before serving, add salad dressing to the salad. Toss to mix well.
- Pre-Chop and Prep Ingredients – You can prepare this salad the day before. Combine all the ingredients on the day you plan to serve it.
- Don’t add the dressing until about 10 minutes before serving. – Like most salad – too much dressing for too long leaves a soggy salad.
- Add the dressing per plate. – You can add the dressing per serving if you choose!
- Leftovers – If you haven’t added the dressing to the entire bowl, the salad will last for days in the refrigerator. Store in an airtight container with a paper towel.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 168
- Sugar: 9.5
- Sodium: 406.6
- Fat: 11.5
- Carbohydrates: 10.7
- Protein: 6
- Cholesterol: 63.7
Keywords: bacon and egg salad, bacon salad