Bacon Potato Casserole is a delicious side dish that is packed with flavor with it’s layers of bacon, potatoes, and cheese. Learn how to make this recipe easily for a special side dish that’s sure to please.
- 4 cups frozen hash browns
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 8 oz bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- Prep: Butter a square baking dish. Preheat oven to 350˚ F.
- Assemble: Layer half the potatoes, half the onion, half the cheese and half the bacon. Repeat layers.
- Pour: In a bowl, combine the evaporated milk, egg and seasoning salt. Pour over the potato mixture.
- Bake: Bake for 55-60 minutes. Let sit for 15 minutes before serving.
Make Ahead: This recipe comes together so fast, it’s really not necessary to make it ahead of time. However, you can do some of the prep work to make it easy on yourself. Simply make the bacon and crumble it and store in the refrigerator until you’re ready to assemble.
Doubling the recipe: And while it all fits in a square baking pan, you can easily double the recipe and use a 9×13 baking dish.
Creamy Cheese: I highly recommend buying a block of cheese and shredding it. Pre-shredded cheese you purchase at the grocery store has a coating that keeps it from being as creamy as cheese you shred yourself. It’s just a few extra minutes for this step and so worth it!
Crumbly Bacon: Pre-cook the bacon so that it’s nice and crumbly. I like to overcook it just a bit, to get those nice crumbles. Make ahead of time and crumble it to store in the freezer. Then, when I’m ready for a great recipe like this one, I have it ready to go!
- Serving Size: 1 Cup
- Calories: 116
- Sugar: 3.4
- Sodium: 595.6
- Carbohydrates: 8.2
- Protein: 7.5
- Cholesterol: 39.6
Keywords: bacon potato casserole, baked potato casserole