All the best things about french toast made the night before! Pop it in the oven to bake 50 minutes before enjoying in the morning.
- 12 slices white bread
- 8 large eggs
- 2 Cups milk
- 2 Cups half and half
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 Cup butter, softened
- 1 1/3 Cups brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/3 Cups coursely chopped nuts
- Generously grease a 13×9 baking pan. Layer white bread.
- In a bowl combine eggs, milk, half and half, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour over bread slices. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In a bowl, combing topping ingredients. Spread over top of bread. Bake at 350˚F for 50 minutes or until middle is puffed and golden. Serve warm.
Can I make this days ahead of time? No. I would not let this refrigerate more than 12 hours. That being said, you can let it refrigerator for only 4 hours to get similar results if you’re making it for breakfsat for dinner.
The top is getting too brown. What do I do? If you notice the top is getting too crunchy, then cover with a layer of foil.
How do I know when this is done? You’ll find that the entire pan has puffed up and the top is golden brown.
How do I store the leftover? Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator. To reheat use the oven. Microwaving makes it mushy.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 12
- Calories: 412
- Sugar: 26.9
- Sodium: 252.8
- Fat: 22.6
- Carbohydrates: 42.9
- Protein: 10.8
- Cholesterol: 157.3
Keywords: baked french toast, french toast casserole, make ahead breakfast