Made with less than 10 ingredients, these baked fry pies are delicious with a hint of lemon in the dough. Use our favorite filling to create these one of kind desserts.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cold
- 1/2 cup full fat sour cream
- 2 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Fruit preserves or preferred pie filling
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons milk
- Combine your dry ingredients and add your cold butter. Pulse the machine (if using a food processor) or cut in the butter with a pastry blender (if going by hand) until you have a crumbly texture. Next, add the sour cream and lemon juice to the processor and keep it on constant speed (or mix and knead by hand) until a dough starts to form. If needed, add up to an additional tablespoon of water. Form the dough into a ball and wrap it in plastic wrap. Chill the dough for 10 minutes.
- Roll out your chilled dough 1/16 inch thick and cut fifteen 4-inch circles. Chill any dough that you aren’t working on so the dough stays cold. Lay your circles on a baking sheet and add 1 level tablespoon of your favorite fruit preserves or other filling. Gently fold the circle over and pinch it closed with a flour dipped fork. If you find that your dough doesn’t fold without cracking, it is too cold. Let the dough warm up a bit before folding. When done, make 3 cuts in the top of the fold. Then place them on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake the pies at 350˚ F for 12-13 minutes. The fruit filling will start to bubble and the bottom of the pie will be golden brown. Remove to a cooling rack.
- Combine the powdered sugar and 2 1/2 T. of milk to form a glaze. Allow the pie to cool before basting on the glaze.
- Serving Size: 1 fry pie
- Calories: 302
- Sugar: 22.8
- Sodium: 93.7
- Fat: 13.3
- Carbohydrates: 43.5
- Protein: 2.7
- Cholesterol: 35.3
Keywords: fry pies, baked fry pies