This baked maple glazed chicken is made with only 7 ingredients which makes it a simple delicious dinner idea! Tender chicken glazed with the rich sweetness of pure maple syrup paired with tart lemon and nutty almonds combine to make the flavors out of this world! Pair with steamed rice and a kale salad for a complete meal.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- cracked black pepper
- Place your chicken breasts in the bottom of a shallow baking pan. Mix all remaining ingredients and pour the sauce over top of the chicken.
- Bake the chicken for 35 – 45 minutes, basting at least twice during cooking. When the internal temperature of the breast reaches 160 degrees, remove the pan from the oven.
- Cover the pan with foil, and let the chicken rest for 5 minutes. Serve the chicken over top of rice or butter noodles and garnish
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
- Calories: 55
- Sugar: 25
- Sodium: 350.2
- Fat: 35
- Carbohydrates: 31.2
- Protein: 29.7
- Cholesterol: 143.7
Keywords: maple glazed chicken