Baked pumpkin donuts made with no yeast.
- 1 Cup flour (the original recipe called for whole wheat flour)
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 TB buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 TB oil
- 1/2 Cup canned pumpkin
- 3 TB butter
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 4 TB milk
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 Cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients and set aside.
- In separate bowl, beat together the buttermilk, eggs, oil and pumpkin.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add to ziploc bag and clip end.
- Grease the donut pan.
- Pip the dough into the donut pan filling doughnut half full.
- Bake at 350° F for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Let cool on wire rack.
- To make the icing:
- Combine the butter, brown sugar and milk in sauce pan.
- Boil for two minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and sifted powdered sugar.
- Pour over donuts.