Not spicy ground beef basic chili recipe – that serves a crowd!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (28 oz) can of RedPack crushed tomatoes
- 1 (10 oz) can of Red Gold diced tomatoes, chili ready
- 1 (28 oz) can of RedPack tomato sauce
- 1 cup of water
- 2 (1.25 oz) packages of chili seasoning (I use mild!)
- 1 (14 oz) can of kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (14 oz) can of pinto beans, undrained
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brown ground beef and break into crumbles. Cook until no longer pink.
- Stir celery, onion and green pepper into the ground beef until the onion is no longer translucent.
- Pour in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for one hour.
I love to serve this alongside homemade cornbread. Yum
If you like your chili a little spicier, purchase a spicier chili package.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 174
- Sugar: 5.2
- Sodium: 292.3
- Fat: 6.2
- Carbohydrates: 16.2
- Protein: 13.6
- Cholesterol: 31.7