An easy side dish combining yellow beans, green beans, kidney beans and baby lima beans in a homemade vinaigrette dressing. Marinate for at least 3 hours to get the full flavors.
- 1 can yellow string beans (also known as wax beans), drained
- 1 can green string beans, drained
- 1 can dark kidney beans, drained
- 1 can baby lima beans, drained
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 1 Cup celery, diced
- 1 Cup sweet onion, diced
- 1/3 Cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 Cup distilled white vinegar
- 2/3 Cup sugar
- Combine drained beans, celery, green pepper and onion in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix oil, vinegar and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Pour over bean mixture and mix well carefully.
- Let stand covered overnight in refrigerator or for at least 3 hours stirring occasionally.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bean salad, classic bean salad, old fashioned bean salad, green bean salad