These berry cream cheese muffins are moist, full of tangy cream and berry flavor, and their unique swirl pattern makes them fun to eat. Any kind of fresh or frozen berry will do!
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unrefined coconut oil
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crushed berries
- Using a mixer, mix the cream cheese until it is smooth and creamy . Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix on medium speed for one minute Add the sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla until combined.
- On low speed, stir in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Remove the mixing bowl and gently fold in one cup of crushed berries by hand
- Scoop the batter into either 12 standard size paper muffin cups in a tin or 12 greased muffin tins
- Bake at 375˚ F for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean from the center. Allow them to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
Mini Muffins: You can make mini muffins with this recipe. This recipe makes 24 mini muffins instead of 12 large muffins. Use a spray to coat the pan or use small paper muffin cups
Muffin Color: The color of the muffin will be determined by the type of fruit you use. Desire more red? Use only strawberries and raspberries
Frozen Berries: If you are using frozen fruit, be sure to thaw out extra because crushed fruit uses less space than whole fruit.
Freezer Ready: These muffins freeze really well if you want to enjoy them later! Let cool and place in airtight container and freeze until ready to thaw and enjoy.
- Category: Muffin
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 315
- Sugar: 19.2
- Sodium: 222.1
- Fat: 16.6
- Carbohydrates: 37.2
- Protein: 4.6
- Cholesterol: 50.1
Keywords: cream cheese muffin, berry muffins