The best cherry pie recipe EVER – can be made with canned cherries or fresh cherries.
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 4 T Cornstarch
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- (2) 16 oz pitted tart cherries (not pie filling in a can)
- 1 Cup cherry juice (from cherries)
- pie crust
- In a pan, combine sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and 1 cup cherry juice. Cook until thickened and add cherries. Can be made the night before.
- Pour cooled filling into formed pie crust with 1 T flour on the bottom. Dot with butter and add top crust.
- Bake at 450° F for 15 minutes, turn down oven and then at 350° F for 30 more minutes. Cool.
- Category: Dessert