A delicious and easy gingerbread cookie recipe made with blackstrap molasses! It’s a family favorite!
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup blackstrap molasses
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Whisk together the flour, spices, soda and salt. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, mix the oil, molasses and brown sugar.
- Mix in the eggs, one at a time.
- Slowly stir in the flour mixture.
- The dough will still be quite sticky. Dump it out onto a heavily floured surface and with floured hands, work in more flour with your hands until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough 1/4 inch thick and cut out!
- Bake for 8 minutes on ungreased cookie sheets until “cracked.”
- Let cool for 2 minutes before removing.
Keywords: easy gingerbread cookie recipe, soft gingerbread cookie recipe, best gingerbread cookies