The perfect soft roll made with butter. This really is the best dinner roll recipe – with the dough being made in the bread machine!
- 1 1/4 cups milk, slightly warmed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 3/4 cups bread flour
- 1 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 2 TB butter, melted
- Into your bread machine pan, place the milk, egg, sugar, salt, bread flour and yeast. Select the dough setting.
- When the cycle is complete, punch the dough down. Create golf ball size dough balls and coat with melted butter. Place onto buttered baking sheet.
- Cover and let rise for one hour or until doubled in size.
- Bake at 350° F for 9 to 11 minutes until just browning on the tops.
To let your dough balls rise in a warm place set your oven to 350° F for one minute. Turn off the oven and then place the covered dough balls in the oven to rise.
Use a light colored pan to make the fluffiest rolls ever.
Can be made a day ahead. Make sure to fully let the rolls cool before storing in an air tight container.
- Serving Size: 1 roll
- Calories: 102
- Sugar: 2.8
- Sodium: 81.7
- Fat: 1.5
- Carbohydrates: 18.3
- Protein: 3.4
- Cholesterol: 10.5
Keywords: dinner rolls