Easy homemade chocolate cake recipe made with cherry pie filling and chocolate chips!
- 1 package of chocolate cake mix
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 can (21 oz) cherry pie filling
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1/2 Cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 1 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9×13 inch cake pan.
- Mix the cake mix, eggs, pie filling and almond extract.
- Pour batter into the cake pan.
- Bake 25 – 30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once the cake it baked, place it on a cooling wrack and immediately begin the icing.
- Combine the sugar, Butter and milk in a saucepan. Bring it to a boil. Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the icing over the warm cake and let cool completely before serving.
This cake can be made the day ahead! Place in refrigerator covered after fully cooled.
Keywords: chocolate cherry cake, chocolate cake with cherry pie filling, chocolate cherry cake recipe