The best molasses cake that combines black coffee, pumpkin and molasses!
- 3 Tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup brewed black coffee
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 1 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups white flour
- 3 tsp. baking soda
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine 3 T. of ground flax seed and 1/3 cup water. Allow the mixture to thicken.
- In a medium size bowl, combine 3/4 cup brewed coffee, 3/4 cup melted coconut oil and 3/4 cup molasses. Stir in 1 1/4 cup dark brown sugar and set the bowl aside.
- In a larger bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour, 1 1/2 cups white flour, 3 tsp. baking soda, 3 tsp. cinnamon, 1 T. ground ginger and 3/4 tsp. salt.
- Pour your wet molasses mixture into your flour mixture and whisk into a batter.
- Into the batter, stir in your set up flax seed mixture and 3/4 cup pumpkin puree.
- Pour the finished batter into a greased 13×9 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve warm or chilled with whipped cream
- Category: Dessert