Do you can your tomatoes from your garden? This is the best spaghetti sauce using those tomatoes and other fresh ingredients like basil.
- 3 quarts canned tomatoes
- 2 12 oz cans tomato paste
- 2 TB dried basil
- 2 TB dried oregano
- 2 TB sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 TB garlic, minced
- 2 TB olive oil
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in your sauce pan. Add the diced onion and peppers and saute until the onions are translucent.
- Add the garlic and saute for one minute.
- Add the canned tomatoes and then all remaining ingredients.
- Let simmer for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve over spaghetti noodles. This makes a big batch that will feed a crowd. You can easily freeze the leftovers in a ziploc bag in the freezer to save for later.