Delicious homemade blueberrry pie using simple ingredeints with fresh blueberries.
- 4 cups fresh blueberries (2 pints)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/4 Cups sugar
- 1 Tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Kraft minute tapioca
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pastry for a double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1 Tablespoon butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Combine blueberries and lemon juice. In another bowl, combine sugar, tapioca, cornstarch and cinnamon. Add to berries; toss gently to coat.
- To a 9 inch pie crust , add 1 tablespoon flour to the bottom of crust. Add blueberry pie filling. Dot with butter. Add top crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cover edge with crust protector. Bake for 20 minutes more. Turn oven up to 375˚ F. and bake up to additional 20 minutes more until crust is golden brown and berries have burst and are bubbling. (A total of 60-70 of bake time.)
- Let cool completely before slicing.
Let the pie fully cool. It takes about four hours for a pie to fully cool enough to be sliced. If you slice the pie too soon, your pie filling may be too runny.
Fresh blueberries are preferred. I would only use fresh blueberries with this recipe. Frozen berries will contain more juice and may alter the results of this recipe.
Do not prebake the pie crust. This recipe is made with an unbaked pie crust. Because of the baking time, you do not need to pre-bake the pie crust.
You do need to refrigerate until you slice into the pie. The pie does not need to be refrigerated until you take out a slice. Once you do, store in the refrigerator covered.
Avoid a gritty pie. This pie needs to really bubble to fully incorporate the ingredients. It may boil over just a bit. If you find that you still see the tapioca ingredients, then let it boil a bit longer.
Avoid a burnt crust. About 30 minutes after baking, add a pie crust shield to avoid your edges from getting too dark.
- Category: Pie
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice of pie
- Calories: 501
- Sugar: 40.9
- Sodium: 298.6
- Fat: 21.6
- Carbohydrates: 75.3
- Protein: 4.4
- Cholesterol: 15.4
Keywords: blueberry pie, easy blueberry pie filling, homemade blueberry pie