You’ve never had chicken this good! Pecan encrusted chicken with a bourbon glaze – so yummy!
- 1/2 Cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 Cup Progresso plain bread crumbs
- 3 eggs
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 TB butter
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1/4 Cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 Cup dark brown sugar
- 2 2/3 TB bourbon whiskey
- 2 TB soy sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 Cup + 1 TB butter (cut into small cubes)
- 1/2 Cup sliced green onion
- Preheat your oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit
- Mix bread crumbs and pecans. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Dip the chicken breasts into the egg mixture and then into the crumbs and pecan mixture fully coating them.
- Heat the 1 TB butter and 1 TB olive oil in a skillet on medium high. Once hot, add the chicken and brown on both sides, for about 1 – 2 minutes. Place the chicken on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake the chicken in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes or until juices run clear.
- In a small saucepan whisk together the dijon mustard, dark brown sugar, bourbon whiskey, soy sauce and worcestershire sauce. Heat on medium low and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- Immediately add the butter one cube at a time whisking until it completely dissolves.
- Place the chicken on a large platter and add the bourbon mixture. (You don’t have to use it all, it makes a lot of bourbon mixture.) Top with green onions.