Chewy butter pecan blondies slathered with a layer of chocolate and pecans. A perfect easy dessert recipe.
- 1/2 Cup salted butter, softened
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Cups chocolate chips, divided
- 3/4 Cup pecans, chopped, divided
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F and line a 8×8 square baking dish with parchment paper.
- With your mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla until soft and fluffy. Add the flour and stir until fully incorporated.
- Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of chopped pecans. Add to a square baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and immediately add 1 cup of chocolate chips. Let stand for 5 minutes and then spread with a knife. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup pecans. Let cool before serving.
This recipe can be doubled and baked in a 9×13 baking dish. Increase baking time 5-10 minutes.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie bar
- Calories: 104
- Sugar: 22.2
- Sodium: 52.1
- Fat: 17.8
- Carbohydrates: 30
- Protein: 3.5
- Cholesterol: 26.9
Keywords: butter pecan cookie bars, butter pecan squares