Made with just four ingredients ingredients, candied pecans are a sweet and crunchy treat to top your favorite salads, ice cream, yogurt, and more!
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325˚ F.
- Spread the pecans on a baking sheet and toast at 325˚ F for 9 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a separate baking sheet and set it aside.
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan, pour ¼ cup granulated sugar and place on medium-high heat. Even out the sugar by shaking the pan. Let the sugar melt without stirring.
- When a small amount of sugar is remaining and the melted sugar turns light brown, stir the un-melted sugar into the melted sugar. Add the butter and vanilla extract.
- Quickly add your hot pecans into the melted sugar and stir until all the nuts are coated.
- Spread the coated pecans onto the parchment lined baking sheet. Let cool and break apart. Store in airtight container.
Work Fast: This is not a recipe to start and walk away from. It comes together quickly which is great because you don’t have to wait long to enjoy these candied pecans! At the same time, the sugar can easily burn if you walk away so keep your eyes on it!
Don’t let the sugar melt all the way. When melting the sugar, you want to watch until there is about 1/3 of sugar not melted. Once you notice that, start to stir to melt the unmelted sugar into the melted sugar. Make sense? (It kind of reminds me of melting the chocolate when you make chocolate covered pretzels.) Once all is melted by stirring then add your vanilla and butter.
Storing. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.
- Serving Size: 1/8 cup
- Calories: 16
- Sugar: 4.7
- Sodium: 0
- Fat: 9.8
- Carbohydrates: 6.1
- Protein: 1.2
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: candied pecans