You’re going to love this celery seed dressing! This creamy, tangy and sweet salad dressing is the perfect topping to your favorite salad. It’s can be made in minutes with ingredients you already have.
Why Make Your Own Salad Dressing?
Making your own dressing is about as easy as it gets. Although, speaking as someone who loves her salads each day for lunch, it was only until the last few years that I started making my own dressings.
- The flavor of homemade is just better. There I said it. It’s creamy, and the delicious ingredients really come through with every bite.
- It’s simple to make. You literally put all the ingredients in a jar and shake it.
- It gets better with time. Homemade dressings seem to get even better as the ingredients marinate with each other.
- You can name every single ingredient. Yep, I feel pretty awesome when I make my own salad dressing and can name every single ingredient in there.
This recipe has very few ingredients and the ingredients it does have, you most likely have on hand. Here’s a few key ingredients that make it unique and most likely are the ones you’ll need to purchase if you don’t have them already.
- Dry Mustard: This recipe really has a smooth taste because of this addition. Don’t leave it out!
- Celery Seed: Just like my favorite coleslaw dressing, celery seed is the star! This is the one spice that ages with time. I find that this dressing is even better the second day.
- Dried Onions: Don’t skip this one. It really absorbs a lot of the liquid and adds a rich flavor.
How to Make Celery Seed Dressing
It comes together in MINUTES. I like to use a pint sized mason jar to make this recipe as it’s the perfect size!
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add the oil and the vinegar. (It will feel like the jar will overflow. Don’t worry, it won’t.)
- Mix with a spoon and then shake. Close the lid on the jar and give it a shake until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
That’s it! Seriously, it could not be easier. I pull this together on the fly all the time. Enjoy!
How to Store: I store this dressing in the refrigerator for up to one week. Give it a shake before serving each time.
Jar Size: Make this recipe using a pint sized mason jar. It’s the perfect container for this dressing!
Salad Recipes That Go with This Dressing
Creamy Celery Seed Dressing Recipe
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon dry onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup white distilled vinegar
- Combine dry ingredients in a pint jar.
- Add vegetable oil and vinegar.
- Stir with a spoon and then place the lid on tight. Shake until creamy.