Chewy maple cookies made with dark brown sugar and real maple syrup.
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup flaked, sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the shortening and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, maple syrup and vanilla until well mixed.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture.
- Stir in the coconut.
- Drop by tablespoonful 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes until set.
- Category: Dessert