Homemade chocolate icing made with greek yogurt and semi-sweet chocolate.
- 2 oz. Bakers semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- sea salt, to taste (optional)
- Melt half of a 4 oz. Bakers semi-sweet chocolate bar. Set it aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Mix together 1/4 cup softened unsalted butter and 1/4 cup Greek yogurt until creamy.
- Pour in chocolate and 1 tsp. vanilla extract. Mix until the butter and yogurt transform their color.
- Add in portions of powdered sugar until you have added 1 full cup and mix.
- If desired, add a couple good grinds of sea salt and mix it all on high for 10 seconds until smooth.
**If you prefer the icing to be stiffer, pop it in the refrigerator for 10 minutes before spreading.
**These quantities are sufficient for a 13×9 pan of cake/brownies or 2 dozen cookies. You will need to double it for a 9 inch layered cake.