The best chocolate pecan pie made with no corn syrup – instead use dark brown sugar and Grade A Syrup to create this delicious pie!
- 2 cups chopped pecans + halves for top decoration
- 6 oz. semi sweet chocolate baking bars
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cups dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- unbaked pie crust
- Toast your chopped pecans at 325 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter and dark chocolate together until melted using low heat or a double broiler. Alow the chocolate to cool for about 5 minutes.
- In another bowl whisk together the sugar, maple syrup, cream, vanilla and salt. Then whisk in your eggs, one at a time.
- Slowly pour the melted chocolate into the egg mixture, stirring constantly as you do this. The mixture should be thick and smooth. Fold in the toasted pecans. Pour it all into the bottom of an unbaked pie crust.
- Decorate the top of the pie with the untoasted pecan halves and bake the pie on the lower rack for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. The pie is done when there is only subtle movement in the very center of the pie. Take the pie out and let it cool for at least a couple of hours before enjoying.
- Category: Pie
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 775
- Sugar: 46
- Sodium: 332.3
- Fat: 50.9
- Carbohydrates: 75.5
- Protein: 10.1
- Cholesterol: 91.1
Keywords: chocolate pecan pie