Easy classic homemade biscotti that is perfect for Christmas or any time of year with a hot cup of coffee.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup shelled pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 12 oz. good quality white chocolate
- Whisk the flour and baking powder together in a bowl and set aside.
- Using a mixer, cream the sugar, butter, lemon zest and salt.
- Beat in the eggs 1 at a time.
- Add the flour mixture and beat just until blended.
- Stir in the pistachios and cranberries.
- Form the dough into a diagonal log on a cookie sheet
- Bake the log for approx. 40 minutes in a 350 degree oven until pale golden.
- Cool for 30 minutes, then cut vertical ½ inch slices with a serrated knife.
- Place the slices flat on a cookie sheet and bake another 15 minutes.
- Melt 12 oz. of good quality white chocolate and dip one side of each cooled slice into the chocolate.
- Let dry, chocolate side up, on a cooling rack.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 biscotti
- Calories: 257
- Sugar: 21.8
- Sodium: 53.4
- Fat: 12.8
- Carbohydrates: 33.2
- Protein: 3.9
- Cholesterol: 34.4
Keywords: biscotti, homemade biscotti