Easy coconut truffles recipe with chocolate.
- 3 cups finely grated unsweetened coconut
- 3 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons quality cocoa powder
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Melting chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 35o degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine 3 cups of finely grated coconut, 3 Tablespoons of white flour and 3 Tablespoons of quality cocoa powder. Set the bowl aside.
- Separate four eggs. Set the whites aside.
- Using a knife, chop 3 oz. of bittersweet chocolate (60% or more cocoa) and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, mix the egg whites, 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar and 1/4 tsp. salt using low to medium heat until the mixture is warm to the touch.
- Add your bowl of coconut and flour to the pan and continue stirring for several minutes until you hear a sizzling sound.
- Remove from heat and add 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract and your chopped bittersweet chocolate. Stir until the chocolate is all melted.
- Wait 5 minutes and form the dough into balls with your hands and place them on to a greased or silicon lined baking sheet.
- Bake them at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until they are set and crisp around the edges. Remove from the pan and cool completely on wire racks.
- Coat with melted chocolate and decorate