This coffee cake with a cream cheese filling is one of the easiest coffee cake recipes you will ever make. The cake is moist and buttery with its layers of crescent rolls with a fluffy cream cheese middle that takes it to the next level.
- 2 (8 count) crescent roll tubes
- 1 egg, separated
- 16 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Prep: Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish. Preheat the oven to 350˚ F.
- First Layer: Roll out one tube of crescent rolls and press into the bottom of the baking dish. Pinch all the edges to remove the perforations. Separate the egg white from the yolk and set the yolk aside. Brush the crescent dough with 1/2 of the egg white.
- Second Layer: In a mixing bowl, beat together the softened cream cheese with 1 cup of sugar, vanilla, and the egg yolk until light and fluffy. Spread over the prepared crescent roll layer.
- Third Layer: Roll out the remaining tube of crescent rolls and pinch together all the perforations. Place on top of the cream cheese layer. Brush with the remaining egg white.
- Top Layer: Stir together 1/2 Cup of sugar, cinnamon, and pecans. Sprinkle over the third layer.
- Bake: Bake in a preheated 350˚ F oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool 15 minutes before serving.
Soften the cream cheese: To really get that fluffy texture, make sure to set out the cream cheese for 20 minutes to get it really soft so that it incorporates best with the other filling ingredients.
Crescent roll dough: When rolling out the third layer, it’s easiest to roll the crescent roll out on the countertop and pinch all the edges together before adding it as the layer above the cream cheese.
Chill once served. Because this recipe contains cream cheese, you’ll want to chill the recipe after serving it. It will store well in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Pecans: If you prefer to leave out the nuts, you totally can! I like the crunch and flavor they bring to this recipe but they are an optional addition.
- Serving Size: 1 serving (2x2" slice)
- Calories: 234
- Sugar: 13.2
- Sodium: 282.5
- Fat: 13
- Carbohydrates: 26
- Protein: 1.6
- Cholesterol: 26.8
Keywords: Cofffee Cake with Cream Cheese Icing, Crescent Roll Coffee Cake